All human beings throughout the world, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, elder or younger and male or female will experience the process of dying, it’s just that we as Muslims do not know when we die.
Therefore, we as a living Muslim should really be able to find the provision of life (reward) which can be used after death later because if we have died it will not bring anything but three things such as Shadaqah Jarriyah.
Useful knowledge and the sincere son who pray for us. When someone has died, we need to dua for him as Muslim to clear up the way to the heaven for the dead person.
Here is presented dua for the dead person in Islam.
This dua is to ask Allah for forgiveness which is done by the dead person and us. Allah is kind and merciful so Allah will forgive the dead person if we dua this regularly.
By doing this dua, we ask for the protection and blessing of the dead person. In addition, we hope that the heaven will be the place of the dead person and hope that the tomb will be temporary for his place.
This dua is for the dead person and us who are still alive, be it children or adult, men or women. So, this dua has many purposes and can be done anytime and anywhere.
This dua is to ask Allah to give the best place which is the Paradise to the dead person. We hope that the dead person will not receive any punishments, blasphemy, and the torment of the Fire if the dead person has done any mistakes and sins in his previous life.
This dua is to make us aware that all human beings will die and return to Allah. It is because Allah has already planned it as the Creator of the human and the world.
This dua is to ask Allah for the dead person who has done a lot of goodness in the world. We hope that it will make him go to the heaven and will be elevated his degree by Allah.
This dua is done in front of the grave of the dead person. We will always dua the dead person and hope that the dead person will dua to us too in the hereafter.
This dua is to ask for forgiveness for the dead person and us who are still alive. By doing this dua regularly, we hope that Allah will forgive our sins and mistakes in the world.
This dua is a hope to the dead person who needs to believe only in Allah when he is being asked by the Guardian in the hereafter. This is an important way for the dead person to reach the heaven.
This dua is for our parents who are dying. We are as the children need to dua for our parents regularly because our dua is the best according to some hadith.
This dua is for the parents too. It shows that the parents have already raised the children until they have grown up so the parents have already fulfilled their obligations throughout the life.
This dua is for the family that the dead person that he left behind. We hope that the family will be given the strength and fortitude to live on.
This dua is to ask Allah for forgiveness to the dead person.We hope that the corpse will be glorified by Allah.
By doing this dua, we will realize that all things in the world are temporary and we will come back to Allah. So, all humans will die and experience it although the death time is different each other.
This dua is to show that we will catch up to the dead person. By doing this dua to his grave, we show that he will not be alone in the hereafter.
It was narrated from Sulaiman bin Buraidah that his father said:
“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to teach them, when they went out to the graveyard, to say: Peace be upon you, O inhabitants of the abodes, believers and Muslims, and we will join you soon if Allah wills. We ask Allah for well-being for us and for you.’”
Narrated Usama bin Zaid:
The daughter of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) sent (a messenger) to the Prophet (ﷺ) requesting him to come as her child was dying (or was gasping), but the Prophet (ﷺ) returned the messenger and told him to convey his greeting to her and say: “Whatever Allah takes is for Him and whatever He gives, is for Him, and everything with Him has a limited fixed term (in this world) and so she should be patient and hope for Allah’s reward.”
More Dua for Dead Person in Islam
Here is presented more dua for the dead person in Islam.
- And that is not for man except what he strives (for). (An-Najm 53:39)
- To Allah (belongs) whatever (is) in the heavens and whatever (is) in the earth. And if you disclose what (is) in yourselves or you conceal it, will call you to account for it, Allah. Then, He will forgive [to] whom He wills, and He will punish whom He wills. And Allah on everything (is) All-Powerful. (Al-Baqarah 2:284)
- “Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.” (Al-Baqarah 2:286)
- Only Allah wishes to remove from you the impurity, (O) People (of) the House! And to purify you (with thorough) purification. (Al-Ahzab 33:33)
- And if they turn away then know that Allah (is) your Protector, Excellent (is) the Protector, and Excellent (is) the Helper. (Al-Anfal 8:40)Sponsors Link
- “O Allah, forgive him, take care of him, glorify his dwelling place, extend his grave, bathe him with ice water and dew, cleanse of all wrongdoings as a clean white cloth from the filth, substitute for him a better place of residence stay, a better family of his family, a better partner than his partner and keep him from the torture of the grave and torment of hell. “ (HR Muslim)
- Please ask forgiveness for your brother and ask for courage for him, because now he is being asked. (HR Abu Dawud)
- Good wishes may be bestowed on both mu’min and Muslim tomb masters and may Allah grant grace to previous generations and future generations and indeed – God willing – we will catch up) (HR Muslim)
- So this Day not will be wronged a soul (in) anything and not you will be recompensed except (for) what you used (to) do. (Ya Sin 36:54)
- “When someone died, then is read to him Surah Ya Sin, except Allah lighten the punishment for him.” (HR Ad-Dailami)
That’s all dua for the dead person. Hope this article gives us benefits and hope we will always do this dua to the grave of the dead person.